Sateen (not satin) sheets may lose some of their luster after washing.
- This sheen can be brought back by simply ironing your linens.
- Ironing will lay the fiber's natural nap down and the luster will return.
- As an added benefit, your linens will also feel and look nicer after they are ironed.
Many people do not care to iron; have no fear, there are a few things you can do.
- Most towns have laundry services that will launder your sheets for a nominal fee, so consider sending them out.
- You want them laundered, not dry-cleaned
- Be advised, some commercial cleaners use harsh chemicals & detergents that may affect the life of your bed linens.
- Better yet, find someone else to do it for you.
In the below video, we demonstrate how to get your linens to look as if they have been ironed without using an iron.
To shop for Italy's finest luxury bedding, click on the below shop now button.
Use code bedding tips at checkout and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 150+ bedding related articles & videos here.