High thread count doesn't mean high quality!
To shop for the finest luxurious Italian bed linens & sheets - click below.
Use code bedding tips at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 100+ bedding related articles & videos found here.
What is thread count?
This may sound a little arrogant (sorry), but thread count can be meaningless.
- Quality is not determined by thread count. That is, a 200 thread count sheet may be higher quality then a 600 thread count sheet.
- A more consideration is the grade of cotton used in bed linens.
- Consider the 1000 thread count sheets you see on the internet for $60. Then there are 1000 thread count sheets that sell for $1,800 a set. (keep in mind because we have no retail mark-up ours sell for around 60% less than comparable quality linens).
- Here is a great analogy: there are Mc Donald hamburgers & hamburgers made from Kobe beef – both beef, both hamburgers, but quite a large difference in quality & price…
Regardless, thread count is something people can easily understand. However, it has somehow incorrectly become the indicator of quality sheets.
- Thread count is determined by counting the number of weft threads and the number of warp threads in one square inch of fabric. For example, 150 warp threads plus 150 weft threads = 300 thread count per inch.
To shop for the finest luxury bedding, click on the below shop now button.
Use code bedding tips at checkout and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View over 150+ bedding related articles & videos here.