Sleeping pillows come in a few different sizes –
here are the most popular sizes used in bedding.
Standard Pillow – 20” W x 26 L”
- This is by far the most popular sleeping pillow.
- This size is also used for standard pillow shams.
- One pillow works perfect on a twin, two fit nicely across a full or queen bed, three fit across a king bed.
King Pillow – 20” W x 36 L”
- King pillows are popular, but many don’t care for the king size and prefer to use a standard size pillow instead. The reason is; many find the king size pillow can be awkward to manipulate at night while sleeping.
Euro Pillow – 26” W x 26” L
- In the US, these pillows are generally not slept on, they are typically used as a decorative pillows found at the head of bed.
- Euro pillows offers a nice height and layer to the bed.
- Euro pillows are also functional, as one can lean against them while watching TV or reading in bed. If you're not sleeping on them, use a feather fill insert, as it is lower cost when compared to down.
- Avoid synthetic fillings, as they frequently don’t fill out the sham well and they may bunch up over time.
Boudoir Pillow – 12” W x 16” L
- A boudoir pillow is primarily a decorative pillow, although some use them as a travel pillow.
- They are like the ones you find on a commercial plane.
In the below video, we identify when it's time to replace your sleeping pillow.
Use code bedding tips at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ bedding related articles & videos found here .