We think it is safe to say that Down Comforters and Duvet Covers are the most popular top of the bed covers.
Here are some reasons why.
- Down has an excellent warmth to weight ratio.
- This arrangement does not constrict your legs in anyway. This combination is simply incredible to sleep under.
- Making the bed with a Duvet cover and down comforter is quick and easy.
- Duvet covers themselves are available in an endless array of colors and patterns. One can easily change the entire look of the bed by changing the Duvet cover.
- Cotton Duvet covers are easy to launder.
- If you’re in the market for a new Duvet cover, look for a light sheet weight fabric vs. a heavy textured fabric. In the below video, we explain why.
- Using a Duvet cover over your Down Comforter is a good idea as it protects it from body oil & make-up and other items it may come in contact with.
- Most Down Comforters are made from a white cotton fabric, some are ivory. Regardless, they can soil easily.
- Duvet covers are much easier to clean than a Down Comforter.
- To see our how to clean a Down Comforter watch our video here.
- To understand what you should look for in a Down Comforter click here.
- Because most homes in the US are air-conditioned, down comforters can be used year-round.
Down Comforters do wear out, to how to determine if it is time to replace yours click here.
To shop for the finest duvet covers & down comforters click on the below shop button.
Use the code bedding tips at checkout and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ bedding related articles on our “How to Tips” page here.