A tremendous amount of Western culture, enjoyed and practiced in the US, came from Italy. Wedding customs and protocol are no exception.
- It is believed that many of today's practiced wedding customs throughout the World originated in Italy.
- The diamond engagement ring, the bridal veil and gift giving are three time-honored traditions that are thought to have originated there as well.
Gift giving is a significant part of this custom.
- Today things such as dowries from the bride's family have virtually disappeared but they used to include items such as a year’s worth of clothing and luxury Italian linens (table & bed).
Linen is a broad term that covers necessities throughout the house.
- This may include towels for the kitchen and bathroom. Bed linens includes sheets (sheet sets), pillows and pillowcases, duvets (down comforters) duvet covers pillow shams, & blankets.
- Bathroom linens might also include towels mats and rugs.
- One could even fulfill the theme of a luxury linen bridal shower by offering table linens with napkin holders or napkin rings
Every one of the bride and groom's guest's wants to provide a gift that has meaning, thought, usefulness and longevity.
- Sure, every newly married couple needs a blender, toaster and coffee pot, but six months after the wedding, will they remember who purchased it for them? I say, probably not.
The tradition of giving Luxury European Linens however, lives on!
- The newly married couple certainly has a plethora of things to purchase to make their surroundings comfortable.
- As we all know, the bedroom is likely a very important place where a lot of time is spent.
- The new couple may not make this type of investment themselves.
What could be better than a set of incredible luxury linens. A great set of 100% Egyptian Cotton luxury linens will last for years and will be appreciated by both of the newlyweds. A great set of sheets may last as long as 10 years.
The best linens in the World have always and still do come from Italy.
And Luxury Linens make a perfect gift for other occasions as well and here are the "Top 10 Reasons" why!
Luxury Italian Linens - the gift that is used every night and keeps giving.
To shop for the very finest luxury bedding, click on the below shop now button.
Use code bedding tips at checkout and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 150+ “How to Tips” bedding related articles & videos here.