To shop for the finest luxury linens & bedding products, click the below shop now button.
Use the code bedding tips at check out & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 150+ bedding related articles & videos here.
Bed sheets can sometimes develop a permanent wrinkle in them. Often times it is at the top flange of the flat sheet.
This condition can develop when a wrinkle develops and is not removed. Over time the cotton fabric can begins to take a permanent set. Here is what you can do to remove it.
- You will need the following items;
- A good heavy iron
- An ironing board
- A terry towel
- Spray starch
- A spray bottle of water
- Put the terry towel on the ironing board, then place the affected area of the sheet on top of the towel.
- Heat the iron to high, then soak the wrinkled area with the water.
- Iron the wrinkled area while applying a significant amount of pressure.
- The towel will compress under the irons weight allowing the flat sheet to stretch a bit – straightening out the set fibers.
- Iron the sheet until dry, flip the sheet over and repeat the process to the other side.
- Once the bed sheet is dry, spray this area again with starch and re-iron it.
This should get rid of the wrinkle in your linens.
You will want to pay attention to this area in the future, this wrinkle may reappear with time.
- If you stay on top of this issue, over time you should be able to permanently eliminate this set wrinkle.
- If you are not inclined to iron this area after each washing, insure to:
- Not over dry your bed linens.
- Hand press your sheets specifically in this area when they are taken out of the drier.
As a bonus enter the code bedding tips at checkout & get 5% off your order.