Minimizing wrinkles in your bed sheets
To shop for Italy's finest luxury sheets & bedding, click on the below shop button.
Use code bedding tips at check out & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 150+ bedding related articles & videos here.
Bed linens that are 100% Cotton can wrinkle, but there are measures to take to minimize wrinkles in your sheets. Here are some helpful hints to follow before washing:
- Do not roll your linens and sheets up into a ball when removing them from your bed.
- During the wash cycle, bed sheets can also become twisted, sheets are already bunched up will not get as clean as those sheets in a free state.
- The fibers in sheets that are knotted are more prone to strain during the washing and drying process.
Now that you are ready to wash your luxury linens, it is important to follow these steps to make sure you have the fewest amount of wrinkles:
- Insert just one set of sheets in the washing machine at a time.
- Avoid using harsh detergents such as Tide and Cheer.
- Many popular detergents have what manufacturers label as brighteners, which are typically bleach derivatives.
- Refrain from using bleach, as it can damage cotton fibers and prematurely fade colored linens.
- Use a mild detergent such as Dreft, Ivory or Le Blanc linen wash.
We sell LeBlanc linen wash here. LeBlanc is an excellent detergent, specifically formulated for cotton products.
Make sure to wash your bed sheets on a gentle wash cycle with warm or cold water. Because your bed sheets will get twisted during the wash cycle, untangle them before putting them in the dryer. Here are some more professional tips to follow:
- Use a low to medium heat setting during the dry cycle and only dry one set of sheets at a time.
- High heat can damage cotton fibers, so make sure you don’t over dry your bed linens.
- Remove your linens as soon as the drying cycle is finished.
- Remove sheets from the dryer when they are still slightly damp.
- Leaving sheets in the dryer will expose them to unnecessary heat and cause more wrinkles.
- Hand press your sheets or put them right back on the bed to avoid wrinkling, as this will eliminate 90% of any new wrinkles.
These few additional steps will do more than just mitigate issues with wrinkles, but they will also add more life to your luxury linens. And in the event that your bedding has developed a musty order, consider adding a ½ cup of baking soda to your next wash cycle. The baking soda will make your sheets cleaner, fresher and brighter.
- If you like your bed linens to be wrinkle free but don’t like to iron, check out our video here on how to easily get wrinkles out of your sheets without using an iron.
Still have questions? Give us a call or send us an email, we are happy to assist.
Vero Linens has an extensive selection of fine bed linens as customers can choose from a wide array of fine Italian linens, down sleeping pillows, luxury duvet covers and much more. Vero Linens features affordable prices with high quality luxury linens that will last for years.
To shop for Vero Linens, luxury bedding click on the below shop button.
Use code – bedding tips – at checkout & get 5% off your purchase.
View 150+ bedding related articles here.