To shop for Italy's finest linens & luxury bedding, click on the below shop button.
Use the code bedding tips at checkout to get 5% off your entire purchase.
How to get wrinkles out of your bed sheets - no iron needed?
- 100% Cotton bed sheets feel wonderful next to your skin, which is why it is the most popular fabric used in bed linens.
- Luxury linens are a wonderful thing (Italian Bed Linens are even better) however, they can wrinkle.
- You have made an investment in your bedding, so you will want it to look great.
- Ironing is the best way to get wrinkles out.
- Ironed bed linens look great and ironing makes them feel even nicer as the iron lays the nap of the fabric down.
- But, not everyone has the time to iron or the inclination.
Having them professionally laundered is something to consider. You want them laundered not dry-cleaned, as the harsh chemicals used in dry-cleaning can harm the cotton fabric.
- For those that won’t iron them, the below quick tip demonstrates how to make them look as if they have.
- Here is what you need:
- Spray bottle of water.
- Water is a wrinkle release.
- You may want to consider getting fragranced water as well, there are many to choose from and they come in several fragrances as well. They make the bed smell great.
- Regardless, if you use fragrance water or plain tap water, the result is the same.
- Put on your fitted sheet, then give it a light spritz of water or a fragrance linen water.
- Then put your flat sheet on the bed and tuck in the foot and about 1/3 up the sides.
The trick to this tip is putting a little tension on the sheets.
- The fitted sheet will already have enough tension in it.
- With the flat sheet, simply grab one of the top corners (at the head of the bed) and pull it slightly taunt. Then spritz it with a light mist of water.
- Now stuff one of your pillowcases. Then suspend it from the cuff with one hand.
- Give it a light spritz of water on both sides. Then grab the pillow cases with both hands at the cuff, suspend it and give it a shake in an up in down motion. Repeat the process with your other pillows or shams.
You can also do the same thing with your duvet cover.
Click the shop now button to shop for Italy's fines bed linens.
Use the code bedding tips at checkout and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 150+ bedding related articles on our “How to Tips” page here .