As cold weather approaches it is a perfect time to start thinking about swapping out some of the components of your bedding.
Many people have two completely different looking bed ensembles that they use throughout the year.
- One for spring/summer, which often is light and airy and contains light pastel colors.
- One for fall/winter ensemble which often contains more jewel tones.
Either way, this is good time to inspect your bedding’s condition. Consider laundering it to freshen it up. Insure the old bedding is laundered before putting it into storage.
- Some use a coverlet during the summer rather than a down comforter.
- Some use both a coverlet and down comforter.
- This is a great look, however, it does require a little more effort to remove the coverlet and replace it with the duvet and down comforter each night.
Nonetheless, now is the time to break out the Down Comforter, if it is in storage.
If you don’t have a great down comforter, consider getting one. In the below video we explain what to look for in a down comforter.
With the use of a down comforter you can turn down the thermostat at night and stay warm and comfortable. If you have a down comforter, this is a good time to inspect its’ condition.
Keep in mind that the optimal room temperature is somewhere between 65 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
Many find that they sleep better in a cooler room and with a warm down comforter. You can turn down the thermostat even further saving heating costs and sleeping better.
Down comforters do wear out over time. In the below video we identify how one can easily tell if it is time to replace it.
Below are two videos that demonstrate how to wash both your down comforter and pillows;
To shop for Italy's finest luxury bedding, click on the below shop now button.
Use code bedding tips at check out & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 100+ of “How to Tips” bedding related articles & videos here.