Ever wonder what are the disadvantages & advantages of different wash machines in the market?
Consumers Reports published an overview of the different styles as well as the benefits & features of them.
Note: the below video may not display in Google Chrome - please use Internet Explorer or Fire Fox to view video or scroll down to see a written summary of their report.
There are 3 types/styles of washing machines:
- Top loader - $300 to $650
- High efficiency top loader - $600 to $1000
- High efficiency front loader - $700 to $1300
- Top loaders are the largest seller and overall do not perform as well as the other types.
- Front loaders, overall are the easiest on your clothes and are the best cleaners.
- The size of the load varies quite a bit with washing machines as well, Some can accept as little as 8 lbs. of laundry while the larger machines can take as much as 20 lbs.
- Top loaders overall use the most water, typically 45 gallons, while high efficiency front loaders can use as little as 25 gallons.
- Machines that use less water typically have longer cycle times.
- Some front loaders will take as long as 1 ½ hours to complete a cycle.
- Most top loaders take about 30 min. for a cycle.
- The amount of water left in your cloths is another large variable, some leave as little as 1 gallon in your cloths at the end of a cycles while some leave as much as 2 gallons.
- Naturally, this means much more drying time.
To shop for Italy's finest luxury bed linens, click on the below shop now button.
Use code bedding tips at check out and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 100+ “How to Tips” bedding related articles & videos here.