To shop for Italy's finest Pillowcases and bed linens - click here
To shop for our Italy's finest Pillow Shams - click here
Use code bedding tips at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
Pillowcases are the covers for your Sleeping Pillows.
- Stating the obvious, a pillowcase protects your pillow and is intended to sleep on.
- A Pillowcase is different than a Sham.
- A Pillowcase is open only at one end and generally contains a flange on the opening face where the fabric edge is turned over and sewn.
Below images are stills from above video (forgive the expressions)...
- A pillow sham typically contains a tuck flap located in the back of the sham .
- They are frequently finished with a flange on all (4) sides.
- Shams are often used for decorative purposes, but many can be slept on if they are made from sheeting fabric.
- Sizes of pillowcases are generally Standard or King.
- Sometimes (but not often) they are made in a Queen size...
- Pillow shams come in the following popular sizes:
- Standard (20" x 26")
- King (20" x 36")
- Euro (26" x 26")
- Queen (20" x 30")
- Boudoir(12" x 16")...
- Many people also prefer a Standard Pillow to a King Size Pillow as they are easier to manipulate or position to where you want them during sleep.
- Vero’s Standard Pillowcases are designed to fit both a Standard Pillow as well as a Queen Pillow.
- For one layer of Pillows use either (2) King Pillowcases or (3) Standard Pillowcases to fill the width of a King bed. Use (2) Standard Pillowcases to fill the width of a full or queen sized bed.
To shop for Italy's finest luxury bedding, click on the below shop now button.
Use the code bedding tips at checkout to get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ “How to Tips” bedding related articles & videos here.